Design and Marketing Assistant
Design and Marketing Assistant
At Datel we focus on delivering high quality marketing to support lead and opportunity generation, sales and the company brand. We achieve this mainly through recruiting and developing good quality people to create and execute what we need in-house.
As Design and Marketing Assistant you will join a skilled in-house marketing team which includes the Marketing Delivery Team Leader, Copywriter, Events Co-ordinator and Lead Generation Manager. You will look after the Datel brand, create online and offline assets to be used in marketing, create tools items for events, email, website and print and work with the rest of the team to deliver the marketing plan.
The role is fixed term between 2nd July 2018 and 31st March 2019.
Due to maternity leave within the team we are looking for someone to join as Design and Marketing Assistant for a fixed period to deliver the design activity within the Datel marketing plan.
Within a well-established marketing team you will work on various graphic and HTML design tasks set out by the annual marketing plan, events calendar and activity schedule. Datel has strong and well established branding to guide you and an excellent team spirit which includes individuals dedicated to delivery, copywriting, events management and lead generation.
The role requires a creative flair, attention to detail and the ability to work with existing templates alongside the creation of items from scratch. It would ideally suit someone who is building their career in graphic and HTML design that has experience in creating and updating items using the Adobe Suite and working with email marketing tools and website CMS systems.
- Interpret design briefs and produce initial design concepts in line with company branding.
- Communicate initial design concepts with key decision makers within the team and business and develop these design concepts into final designs based on the feedback process.
- Maintain an effective relationship with suppliers; defining requirements, requesting quotes and stating timescales based on project requirements.
- Selecting appropriate suppliers to fulfil tasks.
- Prepare final designs for print, website, online and email based on suppliers’ specifications and project timescales.
- Work with Datel’s CRM system and marketing automation tools to build and initiate email campaigns and workflows.
- Update website and online content using Datel’s CMS system (Umbraco 7), LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Maintain Datel’s image library for use in marketing activity.
- Edit and upload videos using video editing software, Vimeo and YouTube.
- Input into the marketing activity plans with creative ideas.
- Create PowerPoint slides for use in corporate presentations.
- Work closely with other members of the marketing team to fulfil the marketing plan.
- Good graphic design skills, including proficiency using the Adobe Suite (especially InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Dreamweaver)
- Experience of working with website CMS systems and online applications such as Umbraco, LinkedIn, Twitter, Vimeo and YouTube
- HTML knowledge and experience in its application for email
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Office suite including PowerPoint
- Ability to follow a design brief and input creative design to the tasks in hand
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Professionally presented
- Excellent time management
- Takes ownership and responsibility